Sunday, September 2, 2012

IF - identical, and butterfly start

hi folks.

I'm linking this to Illustration Friday - the word this week: IDENTICAL.





A quiet Sunday at the easel... 

The beginning of a butterfly painting, a gift for someone
going through difficult times...


Painting insects is something i've never done before,
so i hope i render this butterfly as real as i want it to be.


The colors i used when i first began,
for the background and the outline of the butterfly.


Then i added purple and blue for the background...


I think it's gonna look good when i finish the background
and add the orange wings.

The canvas is 20" x 20", so a nice size.


These are not colors that i normally use much.
I do love them here though...

They feel like healing colors to me.


Do you ever work on a painting that just feels like it's eager to be born?

This is one of those paintings.

I'll post the finished piece when it's done.

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by,
and don't forget to hug the ones you love.
xox


8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to see it when it's finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a kind and thoughtful friend Pauline. Hugs to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterfly, and how do you manage to make a palette look so interesting? Am I the only one who can see a bear's head?

    Hugs are good, so have a virtual one ((hug))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good job, Pauline
    the idea for IF, is the most original one I saw!!!
    congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun... love the sneak peaks, Pauline.
    Thank you for sharing the process & the story of this piece. :]
    Can not wait for the photo finish of this painting. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely background, and I look forward to seeing the brilliant orange butterfly against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article.
    Also visit my blog post - Dunhill international

    ReplyDelete