Monday, March 26, 2012

sand and sea

Nature does not hurry,
yet everything is accomplished.
Lao Tzu


hi fellow creative hearts!

A little sand painting i did this morning,
in anticipation of beach weather. 

Is there any better feeling
than having your toes in the sand?

Well, um, ahem, ok... i can think of one,
but other than that one,
toes in the sand is pretty damn awesome.
;-)


This print is in my Etsy shop as of this morning,
one with the quote (above) and one without.

I was getting a little discouraged with Etsy,
having sold so little since i've been posting there.
But then i remind myself that some things take time
and perseverance is key.

So i'm not giving up quite yet.

When i think back at my first blog post on November 15 2010,
i can't help but think of how wonderful the journey has been,
thanks to all of you and your willingness to share.

The purpose of blogging (initially) for me
was to get more comfortable with sharing my art.

It's been said that an artist who exhibits her (or his) work for the first time
feels naked.
Exposed.

You could say this is how i felt when i first began blogging.

But i knew that it would eventually get easier
and that in times of doubt,
I would find a new kind of inspiration
to keep me going on this creative path.

And maybe, just maybe,
i'd be able to inspire others as well.

I found far more than inspiration
and i am forever grateful to ALL of you
for being on this journey with me.


A wonderful message on the beach near my home...


...and another one that always makes me smile.


...and this is the beach near my home.
The one that often inspires me, one way or another.

Nature is a wonderful inspiration, isn't it?

...and can't you just feel your toes in the sand here?

Wishing you a week filled with sparkles & lollipops.
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love your sand and sea painting!!! It makes me want to be at the ocean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your painting and love your photos. You must feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me! I love your sand painting.

    And we appear to be on the same wave length today. I have the sea on my mind, too...and on my journal page, soon to be posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your painting. Yes, do not give up! By the way, I am soooo in love with the dead tree with Believe, Hope and Love written on it. Fun! I long for the sand between my toes - I'm just afraid that I won't want to return to the concrete jungle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta LOVE that sand painting. It is adorable. It and the beach photos make me think summer will be here very soon. Thanks for your visit. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic painting Pauline! And the perfect quote to go with it. I do love sand in my toes. Whenever I go to Tofino the first thing I do is take off my shoes and run to the sand to just stand in it for a while...it's heaven.

    I'm so grateful that you do have this blog and share your beautiful work and creative side of yourself with us. You have truly been a HUGE inspiration to me. Sharing our art is rather daunting though, I agree. I share on my blog with all of you but don't share with my friends and family...silly I guess but there it is...I'm working up to it! Keep up the gorgeous work xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your painting and this post. So inspirational and I'm glad you're enjoying blogging because I enjoy your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just peaked in from "Artists in Blogland".....I can't help but comment when I find a fellow Canuck....LOL

    I love the shoes on your little fairy,(posted on AIB) she looks like she is just "tickled Pink"....great job!!!

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete