Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Morgan Freeman

Good morning peeps.


it's portrait time again...


a few layers of green, brown, beige, white and black

 

I love Morgan Freeman as an actor.

I also think he's a pretty cool person - 
at least what i've seen of him.

The media gets caught up on things like
the 72 year old wanting to marry his 26 year old step grand-daughter
but i couldn't give a rat's ass who he marries.

As long as she's of legal age -
and she is, so more power to you, Morgan!

I know many 72 year olds
who would be more than happy 
to marry a 26 year old.

If only they were given the chance. 

But they don't have Morgan's money,
or sex appeal,
so it doesn't work the same way.
:-)


One of my favorite movies is THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.

It was based on a Stephen King novel 
although you'd never tell when you watch the movie.
(Most of Stephen King's books are thrillers)

It's set in the 1940's - the story of 2 men in prison
who form a friendship over years of incarceration
and eventually find redemption.

Morgan plays a character called Red. 
I loved him - so believable.

These portraits are fun for me
because the format is relatively small
( 8.5 x 11, a normal sheet of paper )
and I do them pretty loosely so they don't take very long.

Once in a while,
we all feel the need to return to something familiar.

Something comfortable.

Portraits are kinda becoming my "something comfortable".

Enjoy the day folks.
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Great likeness. I've always been a Morgan Freeman fan as well. I saw a good interview with him on George Strombolopoulus. I think he played Mandela well in Invictus.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. --What a Beautiful Man :)

    Great Job xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm a fan and loved Shawshank too. You captured the look of his eyes really well! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Portraits are anything but familiar or comfortable for me--LOL!
    I didn't know he wanted to marry a 26 year old. There are a lot of young girls who'd love to marry a rich old actor, for sure. And they always seem to find each other and hook up. ;) I don't care who he marries, either. He's a fine actor. Loved him in Shawshank...one of the few King movies I like. Shawshank, Stand By Me, Misery, and Delores Clairborn. I think that's it for me and Stephen King. Not a monster-thriller fan.

    You did a great job capturing him! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you folks! Yes Michelle, i saw that interview with the Strombo. :-) I loved it. He just seems so gentle to me. (love your photo btw)

    And Rita, i also loved all those same Stephen King movies, although i always prefer the books. :-) I read a book a few years ago by Stephen King called "On Writing - a memoir of the craft" and LOVED it. He has a great sense of humour. I'm with you on the thriller genre... not a big fan. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of your portraits! The shading is so fantastic- so many great details. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic portrait of him. Love it on the music paper. He is an incredible actor and has such a smooth vibe to him. I didn't know that about him, and I couldn't care either. I don't like getting caught up in all of that!

    I just love coming to your blog! So colorful and full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I ever thought that someone would say that portraits are their comfort zone--you're a brave, talented woman! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Great portrait as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaahh, stunning, Love your painting!

    ReplyDelete