Monday, March 19, 2012

spring is in the air...

Good morning Munchkins.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

:-)

I'm posting something that i painted a while ago,
since i spent most of my weekend outside
and have very little art to show this morning.

This is the view from our front porch.


That tree you see on the left side
is a lilac tree.
It's nowhere near growing flowers yet,
but soon my friends... soon.
:-)

We could feel spring in the air this weekend
and it was exactly what my body and soul needed.
After a few months of very little sunlight,
it does the body good.

I went for a long walk on the beach with my son yesterday
and we both smiled when we saw the ice breaking free.

Such a welcome sight after months of everything being frozen.

In Eastern Canada,
there are three things that scream SPRING IS HERE!!!

1. taking out the summer furniture...
2. chirping birds...
3. Tim Horton's "roll up the rim" contest. :-)

It's another beautiful day here today.

If all goes well,
i'll finish my work a little early today,
and sit out on those Adirondack chairs
with a good book and a glass of wine.

If all doesn't go well,
i'll just pout.
;-)

Wishing you all a week filled with fun, laughter, and art.

And no pouting.
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. beautiful view! and that lilac tree, stunning. i hope you are able to get out early today so now pouting is needed, just fun, laughter and art! have a great week Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously spring painting! It has been beyond beautiful here- loving spring coming early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds wonderful!! :]
    Thank you for sharing your talents, this is beautiful.
    Enjoy the day... ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely view you have. Great painting!
    We've been breaking heat records here in Fargo. By rights it should be in the 20s and 30s--not the 50s and 70s. Spring seems to be early this year. Way early.
    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that view! I can tell spring is getting closer here too, as newly arrived birds are chirping :-) Now we just have to tease the sun out from it's hiding place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful view Pauline. So pretty and peaceful. I don't think I knew you were a fellow Canuck! Cross-country hellos from the west coast!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you - what a beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete