Monday, February 6, 2012

Van Gogh


I went for a nice walk last night in the cold winter air
and as i looked at the beautiful moon
and the starlit sky,
i thought of this quote by Van Gogh...

I agree with Vincent.
The sight of stars makes me dream too. 

You would think after so many years
of seeing the moon up there in the sky
i would have grown accustomed to it.

But I am still in awe.

As soon as i step out the door for my walk in the evenings,
I look up towards the moon & the stars
and it still reassures me
the same way it did 
when i was 13 years old.



So here's what i painted last night,
after my cold winter walk,
in honour of Vincent Van Gogh,
and his deep appreciation for the skies...

*****

And your smile for the day. 
:-)

I think we can all relate to this one.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely creation and great quote ~ Love the comic ~ fun! ~ namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) linked w/CED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and beautiful painting! I love how your walk inspired you and connected you to Van Gogh. True creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful page. And your writing is as beautiful as your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I am in awe of the stars and moon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *GORGEOUS* Pauline I think this is one of my favourite ever pieces of yours, stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it, LOVE it! If this is what happens after a cold nighttime walk, I need to get out more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice! I love the colors and energy in your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this post is a celebration!!! happiness and a love of life... van goghs words and your illustration ... the night sky.. all make the nerves tingle..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Lying on my back on a late summer's night looking up at the stars is the best therapy I know of :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pauline what wonderful musings! How lovely your walk must have been, peaceful and beautiful, the moon is indeed so magical, it's full moon today, look out for it tonight. I love your piece, the background colours, patterns and flowers, very lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for the comments. It's funny sometimes what inspires us, isn't it? When i left for my evening walk, there wasn't a thought in my head about what i'd paint later on. I was just going for a walk on a cold winter night. I'm sure you've all had similar experiences where all of a sudden, you feel this burst of energy or inspiration - doesn't happen all the time but when it does, how sweet it is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pauline, I think I am in love...this is beautiful, the message, the colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, Pauline!
    Love your interpretation of "starry night" :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right!!! The stars capture my attention every time I step out at night. I still get excited when I see a constellation.

    ReplyDelete