Thursday, February 23, 2012

books


Last night, i spent much of the evening
helping my teenage son with his homework.

Some nights don't include art
and that's ok.

The nights that are spent helping my son
are never wasted to me.

I never feel like i should be doing something else.


I read this last night and it made me smile,
from a I bought a book a few weeks ago called Dear Professor Einstein,
(Einstein's letters to and from children)

There are some impressive letters in this little book,
from children with incredibly inquisitive minds.

Einstein must have been impressed as well,
since he replied to many.


And on a sadder note - ;-)

I thought I'd have a nice hot bath at the end of the evening
and begin my UNCLE TOM'S CABIN book.

Can you guess what happened?

Yup, it fell in the water.


The perils of reading in the bath.


So even when your evenings don't go as planned,
or you sometimes feel like your wheels are stuck in the mud,
or that maybe your dreams aren't worth it,
they are!!

What's the point in dreaming small?

DREAM BIG baby.

dream big...
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Love it, Pauline! :]
    Thank you for sharing your life and wonderful stories. ((hugs))
    I agree... time spent with our children, is priceless!!
    They need us, as much as we love them.
    Happy Thursday <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this made me laugh out loud! I have several books that have taken a bath with me, literally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pauline, i really loved the "cordially yours'" - LOL, as they say "out of the mouths of babes" :)

    Einstein was the man! The same author who wrote the Steve Jobs biography also did one on Einstein just beforehand. It's on my "to read" list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Einstein, a book in the bath, Olivia...I sometimes feel like my dreams aren't worth it. And I should be ashamed of them. A lot of things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Albert is a fav in our house, so much so our dog's name is Einstein. Everyone gets such a kick out of him! And that Olivia is something else:) Thanks for the Dream BIG reminder, I tend to dream small, dunno why, but THANKFULLY I have a husband that Dreams Huge, so he is always pushing me to go large! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. April: ((hugs)) back to you. Wouldn't it be great to meet in person someday? :-)
    Inger: thanks for reminding me i'm not alone.
    Phil: the "CORDIALLY YOURS" is what got me too!
    dear Autumn: your dreams are ALWAYS worth it and shame doesn't belong in your vocabulary. You're on the right path. ((hugs))
    Fran: a husband who dreams big and a dog named Einstein... does life GET any better?!? xoxo

    ReplyDelete