Tuesday, January 18, 2011

here's to life

I did this one a few weeks ago... it got lot in the pile. :o) It was meant to be a collage, but ended up with more paint over the images than anything.  When I sit in my blue room to do some journaling/painting, I turn on the music, light a few candles, and slowly allow myself the space i need to get "in the groove". Sometimes, the groove finds me pretty quickly, sometimes it doesn't. Often, I sit with the intention of staying there about 15 or 20 minutes - just enough to dabble. But more often than not, that 20 minutes becomes 1 hour or even 2 when the music is good & everything just feels right. I love those nights. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love this painting!!! The contrast is crazy, and it makes me feel like it should be a somewhat soothing moment, but it makes me feel like dancing at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete