Tuesday, May 1, 2012

abstracts, strawberries and Virginia Woolf


I was all over the place yesterday.

You know those days when you're not sure
what kind of a mood you're in,
or rather, what kind of painting
you feel like doing, if any?

Yeah, that kind of a day.


So i have these little 4" x 6" cardboards that i use...


this is acrylic on the little card.
Looks like winter.
Yuck.


Then i jumped to this little watercolor on cardboard.

Not sure what it is, but it's titled REACH.
That much i know. 


Then i took a lovely little break with these...


and with Virginia Woolf.
(strawberries always make it a brighter day!)


Then i jumped to this collage.

See? I told you i was all over the place.

Maybe i have multiple personality disorder?
giggle.


All of this only accounts for about 1.5 hours in my day.
90 minutes in a day.

They're no masterpieces,
but the important thing is
i played.

At least it's important to me.

So today is a day of catching up
and running errands
and finishing projects,
but before i do this
i'm going for a nice walk
in the morning sun.

Priorities.
;-)

10 comments:

  1. It's important to take time to just play. Glad you're doing it, and doing it so well! I'm just starting to doodle and play, without worrying about producing "artist-approved" pieces. :-) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, constructive play time, lady! There is no rule that says one can't be all over the place. ;) LOL! Enjoy your strawberries, book, and walk in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful fun day. You turned out some great pieces, especially Reach. I love it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a play date with yourself and a walk in the morning sun... life is pretty good sometimes! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all and that green collage is awesome. I just LOVE green!, great shapes and compositions you have there:) time well spent! FranTxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun creative experience, and I love the collage and strawberries!! Shapes, colors are so fun!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my playful moods were as productive as yours are, Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were so productive in your 1.5 hours...I need to do more at the end of my days. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you created and how you shared it with us. I talk about playing, write about the importance of play and taking care of myself but sometimes find it so hard to do. I am so glad I stopped to read your blog today. It was just the reminder I needed. Now, I am off for a walk in the sunshine with my camera and then back home to make time to play. Have a great day, Pauline and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this post, Pauline! :]
    Little playful moments, is all it takes sometimes... to keep the flow going.
    Thank you for sharing. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete