Wednesday, May 23, 2012

abstract doodles and migraines...

Hello world.
:-)


I haven't posted in a few days,
so it's nice to be back.

This piece (above) was created after a migraine
over the weekend.
I get them now and then.
Painful enough to make my eyelashes hurt,
but not life threatening, so it's all good. :-)

Watercolor and colored pencils.


This little squiggly pencil sketch is from last night.
It was such a lovely night for art,
although i could do without the june bugs,
flapping their desperate wings in the window screen.

Welcome to summer... :-)


A bit of added color...


...a bit more, and then black sharpie marker.


I took the other photos last night
and this photo was taken this morning,
next to the window (natural lighting).

So much prettier with natural light.


It's not done yet.
I'll add a few things to it today...
probably dots!
;-)

Thank you all again so much for your comments.

I would continue to be creative
even if no one was out there,
and i was the last person on earth,
but it's so much more fun
and inspiring
to have you all on this journey with me.

I love being able to share our art
with one another,
despite the distances and differences
that separate us.

I appreciate our differences,
but I like to focus on our similarities.

Our commonalities.

What makes us tick.

What gives us purpose.

What connects us to one another.

Art.

Rah Rah Rah!!
:-)

Have a great week everyone...
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Wow, love the first one! :) Migraines sure aren't fun but it seems like yours was inspirational! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline ~ wonderful creations ~ so free, colorful and design and composition is wonderful ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ps. I agree it is amazing as we look back on our art how much we have grown and expanded ~ sending you healing energy for your migraines ~ (those are awful I hear)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little squiggly. I can't wait to see it with your signature white dots :).

    Sorry to hear about the migraine. I can empathize. Glad you're feeling better.

    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pauline... you're back!! :]
    Glad to hear your migraine subsided, those are "painful"... to say the least!!! ((hugs))
    Love all the artsy goodness, and your inspiring words as well.
    I agree with you 110%, I will keep making art and being creative, even if no one is there. It is who I am, my calling...
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about your migranes, i have never had any but i have seen friends suffering....i hope u are feeling quite ok now....ur write as beautiful as your paint....do u write them instinctively ? ofcourse u must be....but i just love reading those lines u write below ur art and they are just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Pauline for your msg on my post, the voting lines are closed but voting doesnot really decide on the winner, it only gives a helping perspective to the jury, and i am glad u like my work...i will let u know the results, the jury sits mid of june to decide...i am just an emerging artist and i dont really expect to win a competition but never the lees i keep applying because it keeps me on my toes. However there is a recent post on my blog on a gallery FremdeBlicke which supports emerging artists, do have a look and like it on fb - sunayana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better now. I agree that while creating art is essentially a solitary activity, being able to be part of a community (online or otherwise) can be a very positive experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pauline, your doodles are so fun and captivating, I love that you share with us, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your migraine hon. Awful, nasty things! I think your first piece describes them rather well! Love seeing the second piece come together and can't wait to see where it ends up. And love what you said about our little art community--I don't know that I could have truly returned to my artsy self without it/y'all. So rah, rah, rah to you!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work and its always so much fun to come and see what you do and hear what you have to say! Glad you're no longer with a migraine. I don't get them but know many who do and boy that is some tough stuff! Take care and enjoy your art, I do!:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your migraine is gone. They're horrible! Lovely, bright, colorful doodles to share, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad your migraine is gone. They're just terrible, I suffered with them as a child. Not so much anymore.
    You did however, come back swinging! This abstract is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete