Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dr. Seuss


This is still one of my favorite books. Once in a while, when i need to be set on the right path again, I read it.

Sometimes, I may come across as if things are always peachy keen for me. As if everything falls into place, and I greet each day wearing my rainbow cape & sparkling shoes, ready to tackle the world. Well, have i got news for you. Yes, some days are good, but this doesn't mean I am immune from the bad days. There are days when there's little money in the bank, when loved ones are ill, when i really question whether or not I'm on the right path, and days when I want to set fire to all my work files and buy a first class plane ticket to anywhere but here. But I choose to face those days with courage anyway. And strong coffee. Either way, the day is here, right? I can depress about it till I'm blue in the face (or blue in the heart!) - or i can simply accept the day for what it is & carry on. 

I've said it before & I'll say it again - art always helps me through the tumultuous times. Art & music. And if you think about it - difficult periods are often the source of creativity. If all books & songs & paintings were happy, I'm not sure we'd have much of a perspective on life. Happiness & beauty are important to me, but truth is more important, so if something sucks, it sucks. It's better to say it (or write it, or paint it, or play it) than it is to deny it.

...and chances are good that after it's painted, the burden may feel a little lighter.




No comments:

Post a Comment